Island Escape is a bright fruit and floral combination of kiwi blossom, mandarin, muguet, frangipani, and green coconut, in a base of pineapple, amber, musk and Tahitian vanilla. This is the scent of the islands, of days lazing in the sun, walks on the beach and time spent connecting to your inner self and to those around you.
Island Escape is a 2 wick, 24 oz large country candle in a clear glass, domed lid jar. Made of 100% food-grade, non-toxic, clean burning paraffin wax, concentrated fragrance oils containing natural ingredients, and two wicks utilizing innovative textiles which allows for a fast melt. This highly fragrant candle has a wonderful throw which is perfect for larger rooms. Jar is 4” x 6.6”, is reusable and recyclable. Burn time is up to 150 hours.
HOW TO USE: Please read and follow all of the guidelines in the Candle Safety Information Section below prior to using your candle.
CANDLE SAFETY INFORMATION
How to Burn a Candle Safely
We want to make sure that all of our customers are Happy Piranhas and that involves keeping them safe too. Before using a candle, please read the candle safety information below.
- Never leave a burning candle unattended.
- Never burn a candle on or near anything that might catch fire.
- Keep candles out of the reach of children and pets.
- Trim the wick to ¼ inch each time before burning. Long or crooked wicks can cause uneven burning, dripping or flaring.
- Always use a candleholder specifically designed for candle use. It should be heat resistant, sturdy, and large enough to contain any drips or melted wax.
- Burn candles in a well-ventilated room.
- Place the candleholder on a stable, heat-resistant surface. This will also help prevent possible heat damage to counters and table surfaces and prevent glass containers from cracking or breaking.
- Keep the wax pool clear of wick trimmings, matches and debris at all times.
- Avoid drafts, vents or air currents. This will help prevent rapid or uneven burning, sooting, and excessive dripping.
- Follow the manufacturer’s recommendations on burn time and proper use.
- Never touch or move a burning candle. Never move a votive or container candle when the wax is liquefied.
- Don’t burn a candle all the way down. For a margin of safety, discontinue burning a candle when 2 inches of wax remains (1/2 inch if in a container).
- Place burning candles at least three inches apart from one another. This is to make sure they don’t melt one another, or create their own drafts that will cause the candles to burn improperly.
- Extinguish a candle if the flame becomes too high or flickers repeatedly. Let the candle cool, trim the wick, and check for unwanted drafts before re-lighting.
- Always keep the candle within your sight. If you are going to leave the room, be sure to first blow out all candles.
- Always burn candles in a well-ventilated room. Don’t burn too many candles in a small room or in a “tight” home where air exchange is limited.
- Never use a candle as a night light.
- Be very careful if using candles during a power outage. Flashlights and other battery-powered lights are safer sources of light during a power failure. Never use a candle during a power outage to look for things in a closet, or when fueling equipment – such as a lantern or kerosene heater.
- Never burn a candle on or near anything that can catch fire. Keep burning candles away from furniture, drapes, bedding, carpets, books, paper, flammable decorations, etc.
- Keep candles out of the reach of children and pets. Do not place lighted candles where they can be knocked over by children, pets or anyone else.
- Use a candle snuffer to extinguish a candle. It’s the safest way to prevent hot wax from splattering.
- Never use water to extinguish a candle. Water can cause the hot wax to splatter and might break a glass container.
- Make sure the candle is completely out and the wick ember is no longer glowing before leaving the room.
- Don’t touch or move the candle until it has completely cooled.
- Never use a knife or sharp object to remove wax drippings from a glass holder. It might scratch, weaken, or cause the glass to break upon subsequent use.
National Candle Association
National Fire Protection Association